JAM Media are hiring an experienced Data Wrangler.
Job Description: Supervising and controlling the rendering process (converting computer data and outputting it as a sequence of viewable images) and managing the render farm.
- Supervise the rendering process
- Be able to work either independently or as part of a team.
- Be able to take direction and be prepared to make changes to your work in response to constructive feedback.
- Have good communication and presentation skills.Have good computer literacy.
- Be conscious of any relevant technical or budgetary restrictions.
- Be able to work calmly and efficiently to tight deadlines.
- deliver the final rendered computer-generated (CG) elements to Compositors.
Required Skills / Experience:
- have a high degree of computer literacy
- have knowledge of at least one of the relevant, industry-standard 3D packages (eg. Maya or 3D Studio Max)
- be able to learn new software quickly, and learn on the job, if necessary
- have strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- be able to manage and prioritise your own time and workload
- be able to record information accurately and produce reports
- have good team-working skills
- have experience in scripting, ideally
- be able to take direction and work with minimal supervision
- be able to deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure
- show respect for the procedures and requirements of a particular studio, production or pipeline
Primary software: Maya
JAM Media (Northern Ireland) Limited aims to be an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.