- Creating particle, rigid-body, fluid, cloth, fur and/or hair simulations or animations using Houdini / Maya / Phoenix FD
- Applying lighting and shaders to produce the final rendered image .
- Working in partnership with other departments to ensure that shots are delivered to the highest possible standard
- Working within the team to determine the various design solutions needed to create the effects
- Producing reviewable composites of all FX elements for a shot. FX artists will be expected to produce final renders too
- Design and create realistic and stylised FX using Houdini/Maya
- Create tools, utility scripts, expressions and other digital assets to streamline the set-up process and achieve the desired look
- Keep Director, VFX Supervisor and Line Producer informed of progress, changes and other critical issues
- An excellent knowledge of Houdini and, or Maya / Phoenix FD
- A thorough understanding of the techniques and technologies relating to FX simulation and procedural animation
- Previous experience producing effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam in addition to simulation techniques for rigid-bodies, cloth and hair
- A good understanding of animation and an eye for motion
- A good understanding of the entire visual effects process
- A working knowledge of Nuke desirable and a solid understanding of the compositing process.
- 3+ years production experience is required.
- Ability to understand and implement feedback
Position is based in Belfast.
Initial contract is for 3 months.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject bar.
Please note while we endeavor to respond to all applicants where possible, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this interview.