JAM Media are seeking a talented motivated individual to join our roto/clean up department. This job entails tracing the areas of live action frames where computer graphics will overlap or interact with live image, whilst also creating clear areas (mattes) within the frame to allow all elements of the scene to be layered convincingly by the Compositor.
If you feel you would be suitable for the role and would like to join a fast paced production environment then JAM is the place for you!
You will be working alongside the Compositing Supervisor and VFX Director.
The ideal candidate would have the following key skills;
• A comprehensive knowledge of fine art or photography.
• An understanding of composition and colour.
• Be able to show evidence of neat and accurate work.
• Competent drawing skills, including good line quality.
• Basic knowledge of relevant software, (see below).
• Be methodical, thorough and patient, with a good eye for detail.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong team-working skills.
• Be able to take direction and be willing to address constructive feedback.
• Ability to deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure.
• Respect for the procedures and requirements of a particular studio, production or pipeline.
• Have knowledge of the requirements of the relevant health and safety legislation and procedures.
1-2 years experience working in a professional environment, within their discipline is preferred but not essential.
Expert knowledge in using the programs required. Showreel of previous work, not required.
Primary software: After Effects, Nuke, Silhouette
Please complete every field.
If the position you are applying for does not warrant a Showreel or Portfolio, please put N/A in that field. If you do not have a showreel, please enter N/A in that field.
JAM Media (Northern Ireland) Limited aims to be an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
To apply for this job please fill out this application form.