JAM Media are currently interviewing Script Editors to join our expanding production team on a variety of upcoming children’s animation, live action, and mixed media projects. The Script Editor will work directly with the JAM writing team, providing story, script, and character analysis to achieve final production scripts to an international standard.
The position requires a passion for storytelling, attention to detail, and the ability to achieve the best results from writers whilst maintaining the original vision of the series.
Duties include but not restricted to:
- Working alongside the Chief Creative Officer and Head of Scripting.
- Support the Development Department from pitching through to pilot script.
- Form effective working relationships with the JAM team, Head Writers, writers, agents and broadcasters.
- Collate and distribute detailed notes from the JAM creative team, Head Writer, broadcasters and producers to the writers ensuring the editorial brief is met.
- Ensure consistency across established characters and series as well as new series.
- An understanding of and ability to interpret editorial notes.
- Contribute to the generation of ideas and resolutions of script and story problems.
- Restructure and revise stories and characters as required ensuring the output reflects the diverse nature of our worldwide audience.
- Coordinating and scheduling the timely delivery and turnaround of scripts from multiple writers, across numerous time-zones, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Update production schedules as required.
- Attend and take minutes of meetings.
- Produce writer’s bibles, dubbing bibles, episode and series synopsis.
- Maintain awareness of emerging writing talent. Develop and nurture relationships with talent bringing them on board as and when new writers are required.
- Good understanding of children’s drama and animation, combined with an enthusiasm and awareness for the target audience.
- Proven experience working in the script or story department across animation, TV, or film.
- Strong editorial eye, with expertise in analysing dramatic material, preferably across children’s content.
- Ability to multitask across various projects and to prioritize accordingly to changing deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal).
- An understanding of copyright law, Writers Guild agreements, contracts and the legal implications of the production process.
- A degree of flexibility in working hours may be required.
Please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with SCRIPT EDITOR in the subject bar.