JAM Media are hiring Character Animators for a 2D feature film production.
Job Description: Experienced Animators required for an upcoming 2D feature film. The role will require the artist to produce believable, engaging and relatable characters based on existing character designs and models. They will need to bring their realistic character to life through a variety of expressions, poses, body language and lip synching using ToonBoom software.
- Working from a brief revising animation as per feedback from Supervising Animator.
- Be able to take direction and make changes in response to constructive feedback.
- Working from animatic and key poses to create animated scenes and sequences
- Ensuring character consistency
- Animating character mood, emotion, facial expressions, movement and behavior
- Working to a tight schedule and delivering amendments to deadline
- Integrating characters into animated scenes and background environments
- Animating to dialogue track
- Syncing animation to dialogue, sound effects, soundtrack, foley, etc
- Good understanding of composition and sequential animation drawing.
- Drawing skills and the ability to adapt to the specific style of the feature.
- Be able to work either independently or as part of a team.
- Be able to follow established designs and produce consistent work
- Be able to work calmly and efficiently to tight deadlines.
Required Skills / Experience:
- 2 Years Experience working in a professional environment within their discipline.
- Artistic talent, with an affinity for drawing character
- Experience in traditional animation as well as excellent drawing skills
- Creative problem solving skills
- Knowledge of acting styles and techniques
- Solid understanding of anatomy
- Understanding of limb movement, effect of weight
- Ability to recreate human movements
- Training in animation, character drawing and fine art